Thursday, May 06, 2010

Adobe should offer a Cross Platform Serial Numbers

I am very confused with the recent post from Steve Jobs in the recent days about Flash and the attacks on Adobe. If I could switch my Serial numbers of my Master Collection, I would go out and purchase PC's for development and start boycotting Apple product altogether. I am just locked into my software purchases which are Language specific. I am loyal to Adobe because they have always been there for us from the beginning and never have abandoned us.

My I-phone drops more calls then I can count and the applications in the Apple store are the same as any out there, some get developed correctly with a proper budget, and others hardly run because they were not developed correctly. I think Apple is scared of how fast our community would adapt and build components to make I-phone applications that blow away anything that has been built to date for that platform.

I say give us an option as to switch licenses to different platforms and see how many people stay on the Apple bandwagon. For me it is the Killer software these days as the platforms they run on are fairly similar.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can switch platforms, just contact Adobe about it.

Unknown said...

Adobe does provide a way to do it. You can cancel your existing license and be issued with a new one on a different platform. Try licencing.adobe.com you should be able to get some joy from them

pdkn said...

you can move license over from one OS to another. get in touch with adobe customer services and they'll send a form for you to sign agreeing to to destroy the original installation etc... It's a bit of a palav but it's possible. You can only do this with the latest version though so you'll need CS5 or you'll have to pay the upgrade...

pdkn said...

http://colorburned.com/2010/01/switching-from-pc-to-mac-the-adobe-cross-platform-upgrade.html

Benz said...

I think you actually can. I once switched from Mac to Windows (yeah good old days :-)) and called the customer service and managed to get a new Box for Mac for free. You have to sign an agreement to destroy the old version... Don`t know if that always works but give it a try.

tom said...

richard,
great suggestion. i am running CS4 on windows 7 pro 64-bit with nvidia FX580 card without a hitch, great performance, and a more attractive cost point compared to an iMAC with a graphics workstation card.

Unknown said...

If you own the current release, you can do a cross platform upgrade for just the cost of shipping ( ~$15). Just call customer service.

Anonymous said...

+1

Unknown said...

Good point. Wish Adobe can allow this.

As far as I know at least Flash Builder can support this already.

Nikos said...

100% agree

Rob McKeown said...

I can't remember where I read it but I think if you call Adobe's customer support people they can help you with that...assuming the phones are so busy with other people doing the same thing :-)

Weiland said...

Actually switching platforms is fairly easy and at no cost. All you have to do is call up Adobe and tell them you want to switch platforms. I did it 7 years ago when I went from PC to Mac.

Anonymous said...

Where did you name and shame 'Perminova' post go?

FlexNAdobe said...

Thanks for all the great advice everyone. :)

FlexNAdobe said...

I had to take down the Name and Shame Post as that post seemed to get them motivate in paying their outstanding invoices. ;0