Friday, August 29, 2008

Adobe Soundbooth® beta performed with absolute grace!

I had to Produce, Capture and Edit a Promo Video for BrandDoozie recently and I was under an extreme deadline. I had just recently switched back over to the Mac.(PowerBook Pro) and realized I did not have any sound editing software installed yet.

I remembered the last time I was browsing labs.adobe.com they had a beta of the new Adobe Soundbooth posted. I was seriously sitting there with the actor on the set and realized the sound from the camera was not going to work.

Just a few minutes later I opened up this really nice program with a very elegant interface. No time to play right now had to see if this pretty software could use my M-Audio drivers and sure enough Adobe thought of all that.

Roll Sound, Roll Camera

So far everything was going as expected.

But what about the fine tuning tools. I am using Pro AKG & Shure Microphones but sometimes you want to fine tune things. First I always like to Normalize the files in a project. And of course it is right there easy to find in the process drop down menu along with other handy processes you will commonly use.

After perfectly capturing all the takes, I played around with some of the other menu items & panels and was amazed at all the pre-planning that went into this product. I will have to do another post going over some of the cool features they packed in there.

Thank you so much Adobe. Once again I can rely on you for quality software even in Beta. Plus I got to try it for FREE.

No comments: