Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I had to let my baby (BrandDoozie) go!

I had to make the biggest decision of my life recently. I know it was one of the most painful decisions I have ever made. After three long years of development on the BrandDoozie projects, It is time for me to say goodbye.

I have lived with this project the whole time I was working on it. From the time I woke up in the mourning, (if I ever got to sleep that night) to the time I lied my head down, I thought about this project. Even when I could sleep - I would still be dreaming about BrandDoozie.

Recently I have been working with a team of programmers & developers doing projects for Cisco/LinkSys. I was introduced to some very talented developers that are part of the team Everest Solutions Group have pulled together and I enjoy being a part of it.

Now I have started a RIA development & consulting agency and I am excited about the ideas & opportunities I will get to explore. When not doing client work ROKSMedia Inc. will focus R&D primarily on Adobe Enterprise solutions controlled by rich clients built with the Flex & AIR SDK's.

I am very excited about the ability to Blog more now that I will have a little more time on my hands. I cannot wait to share some of the common challenges we all face with building applications like BrandDoozie and the solutions I was able to come up with to solve those challenges.

I hope to be able to set up my Video Blog very soon.

It is truly amazing how many talented people we have in the Flex/Flash community and that Macromedia Community passion of days ol have spread all over Adobe and it is continuously growing. I have so many people to thank for getting me through some very tough times and I will try to make time to thank you properly.

To all the Bloggers who take the time to share with all of us. Thank you - I will start doing my part now. :)

I can even get to some of the shows now like MAX - Yeah! Hope to see you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beers are on me at max, hope to see you there :)

FlexNAdobe said...

I owe you a few beers. :)

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts about marketing branddoozie as a sales professional? Who would natural targets be and does the tool provide templates for users to easily create their own marketing materials?